Friday, October 22, 2010

Hair one day, gone the next

Yep, I've done it. Shaved all my hair off. Or rather my husband carefully shaved it off.

The truth is this - it was an absolute nuisance. Not only was it falling out everywhere, but it also hurt. All the hair follicles became really tender, and just wanted to grow their own way. Those that did get their way were fine. But those that didn't hurt ... a lot! Constantly. All the time. And the worst was putting your head on a pillow.

Now that the hair is gone, it feels fantastic. I still have to be a little bit careful when putting my head on a pillow. But other than that, the pain is gone. And the convenience! No brushing, no styling, no products. Washing takes a few seconds. Drying takes a few seconds. I absolutely love it.

But the best part is feeling the air. Every time there is a breeze, or I move my head a little bit faster I can feel the air rushing past my scalp. It has this freshness about it - like riding a bike without a helmet.

No comments: