Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hair update

The good news is, the hair is coming back. Pretty much everywhere. Including my fingers (between knuckle and first joint). What?!

I am not sure whether the hair on my fingers fell out or not. It wasn't really an area of hair I paid much attention to. But I gazed down the other day, and there is all this black fuzz on my fingers. It looks positively ... well ... (and I don't mean to be racist here) ... Greek! If my fingers are so meditteranean, then what about my chin? I rushed off to the mirror. Yep, just as I had suspected. Long black hairs all over my chin. Out came the tweezers.

While I was at the mirror I checked out my mane. All good here. A few more greys than I thought I had, but otherwise it's growing back thick and dark. Despite reports from people, that hair after chemo grows back thick and quick, my hair is not growing back quick. How can it? My body is so deprived of vitamins and minerals, that growing hair at all is an added bonus. I estimate that I am about two months away from sporting a "hair style". In the meantime, I've kissed the wig goodbye.

Eyelashes - gorgous. No complaints. Thick, even, beautiful. But eyebrows? What's going on here? They are growing back in two rows! It looks like I have a set of train tracks above each eye. Actually, let me correct that. I have a set of train tracks above the right eye. But above the left eye, the train tracks sort of start half way across the eye. Weird.

No comments: