Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Wig

We can't agree on the wig. No, not "which wig". We can't agree on whether to get the wig. A wig. Any wig.

My Dad, who sports a crew cut, likes my bald head. In his opinion, it commands respect. And I look good without hair.

My Mother believes I should get a wig for social outings, important family celebrations such as Christmas, and for going back to work.

My Husband, who is half bald, rolls his eyes when I mention that I want to get a wig. (Maybe we can get a two for the price of one deal?) He questions me on my reasons for getting a wig. Well, family celebrations such as Christmas. "We all know you're bald, so why pretend?", he comments. Well, for going back to work then. "The hair will grow back won't it?", he replies. Men! Yes, the hair will grow back ... eventually. But not enough of it will grow back by the time I go back to work.

"So, you don't really care whether I have hair or not?", I ask. He nods. "Okay, in that case do you care whether I make dinner or not?". He sits up startled, "Yes!"

No comments: