Thursday, February 24, 2011

A community of women

As I have been going through my cancer operation, treatment and now recovery I am forever amazed by the support of people around me. Primarily women.

They comment on my status updates on facebook, they read my blog, they send emails, they send book vouchers, they send sms's, they offer words of strength and encouragement, they bring soup, they pick up my daughter from school, they take me out to lunch.

The odd guy is part of that community, but they are few and far between. Mainly it's a community of women. But they don't only support me. Should any woman in that community post a slightly distressing status (on facebook, it's the communication of choice), all the women rally around her with, at the very least, warm words of support.

And to all those women I am eternally grateful. For they have shared the journey with me.

No comments: