Saturday, January 29, 2011

I want my hair back

Yes, I want my hair back. Not on my head. That's just fine. Maybe it's not the norm, but I have my assortment of hats, as well as the wig, and I am pretty happy.

The lack of eyebrows doesn't bother me too much. Although one does look weird without eyebrows.

Arms and legs - love not having hair. I waxed once and I've been sporting smooth legs ever since. Under arms - same.

A thing or two could be said against the permanent Brazillian, but I can live with it.

But I do want my eyelashes back. Not having eyelashes (or very few eyelashes) means that every spec of dust and every breath of wind irritates your eyes to tears. In addition, the very few eyelashes that are left tend to get into my eyes and cause further irritation. So I use mascara - it fixes the eyelashes in place and keeps them out of my eyes. But of course the dust in the air still irritates my eyes, so I am constantly blinking the tears out of my eyes, which in turn smudges the mascara.

But, that's not the worst of it.

I want my hair back in my nose! Yes, inside my nose. All that dust in the air, and believe me, there's a lot of it, settles inside your nose as you breathe in. Normally, it settles on the fine hairs inside your nostrils, and all is well. But, when that fine hair is gone, it settles on the ultra sensitive membranes inside your nose, the membranes react by producing mucus, the mucus dries up, and the result is very uncomfortable! Add to that the effects of chemo, and you get bloody mucus. Arrgh!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

sounds horrible :-(