Monday, September 13, 2010

God's Gift

Ever since the incident with Princess, I have been a true believer that somewhere out there, someone is trying to guide us to make the right choices. I have also believed that the someone or something, has great power to invtervene - or rather try and guide us if we are totally off our path in life. I have also believed, that the someone has a mind beyond our mind, and that we are often not meant to understand how and why things in our life unfold the way they do.

So ever since that incident, I have asked that someone for lots of things - to lose weight, to become a better horse trainer, to get clarity about where I should steer my career, to become a more involved mother, to have some time off. Oh, the list just goes on.

So I guess the burning question is ... did I get everything I asked for? Yes. You bet. Cancer gave me absolutely everything I asked for, and more.

At no point did I ever ask that someone for perfect health, vitality, positive energy and happiness.

Luckily for me, one of the things I asked for, was to further my spiritual training. This led me to realise the importance of blessing food. So now, every time we sit down to a meal together, we bless our food, and ask for health and happiness.

No comments: