Saturday, September 4, 2010

Eating and drinking

I have become an eating and drinking machine. And I am not talking about chocolates with port. I am talking veggies - especially the broccolis, caulieflowers and brussel sprouts - and meat. Some brown rice, and a bit of jelly for dessert. My drink of choice is water, water, water.

My surgery (to remove the breast cancer) was three weeks ago. It went really well. Even the surgeons (two of them) personally congratulated me on a very quick recovery. Admittedly, the four week recovery rule still applies. That is, I have another week before I can do, well, pretty much anything. Drive a car, ride a horse, do sit ups, yoga, running. My surgeon-in-charge said that I can hop on my bike today, if I am really desperate to do something. But the problem is, the only thing I am really desperate to do is eat, drink and rest. Like I said, I've become an eating machine.

I get up in the morning, I prepare my food and eat. Then I do my stretching exercises, and then before I know it's time to prepare lunch. I eat lunch. Then I need a rest. By the time I get up it's pretty much time to prepare dinner. After dinner ... more rest.

It's kind of blissful recovery time. The only problem is that I am really hanging out for a coffee. (Can't have one at the moment - doctor's orders).

No comments: