Sunday, July 11, 2010

Feeling like a kid in a lolly shop

The lady running the retreat is warm and wonderful. She also knows a lot more about wholistic eating than I do. So the pantry is stacked full of exotics I have never heard of like Agave juice and Chinese red dates. She has brewed up a pot of chai that I can't seem to get away from. She made us the most delicious porridge with ginger and Chinese red dates.

Before I went on this retreat, my parents were very worried that I might lose weight out here.

In the meantime ... I feel like a kid in a lolly shop!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Sounds awesome. Obviously you're allowed a computer! I had imagined the kind of retreat where phones and ipods are left at the door . . .

light.fingers said...

A lot of retreats don't allow computers and phones, etc. My spiritual teacher will confiscate the gadgets if she feels they are getting in the way of your learning. And of course, there is no gadgets during sessions - which take up pretty much all of the day and evening.