Monday, March 22, 2010

Holiday Diary: Reading

Reading is definitely a great part of any holiday. There just seems to be so much time to read.

I really enjoy reading books during holidays, but because I am forever busy packing gear, I always forget to grab a book.

Somehow, I have been blessed to find a very interesting book at each of my recent holiday destinations. When we got away to Bright I managed to find John McEnroe's autobiography, which had me reading for hours into the night, and buzzing all morning.

Here in Merimbula, "The other Bolyen girl" by Phillipa Gregory catches my eye, and I honestly cannot get away from it. I hide away with it at every opportunity, almost to the point of being rude. But the historical detail, and more so, the politics in the book have caught me in their iron grip. I learn far more from it than from any book on marriage, relationships, or business acumen.

No comments: