Tuesday, January 26, 2010

From Bright

Australia Day!

Sabina is amazed to see all the people with Australian flag tatoos (temporary ones), Australian capes and hats. Of course she wants one too!

We pack up, depart our accommodation, and drive straight up the hill to Fiona's. She's got three girls Sabina's age - great play time for everyone. We sit on the deck, watching the trees on the nearby hills. We're pretty much in the middle of Bright, but because we're a bit up the hill, you wouldn't know the town exists.

Later we drive to Milawa for lunch, where we pick up some cheeses from the renowned Milawa cheese factory. We're barely back on the main road, when Sabina says "I already want to be there!". We laugh.

Some of the length of the journey is eased by me singing. Everything from Polish folk songs I used to sing in a choir, to Polish Christmas carols, to anything else that comes to mind. Sabina sings along with me, which leaves me proud as pie.

No comments: