Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Audax

The alarm rings. My alarm. It's 5am. You see, it is the job of "da wife" to wake up "da husband" so he is on time for the start of his ride. Sheesh. I am sure this wasn't in my wedding vows. Or was it?

Pete is gone before I know it. I am sure that ouside the world hums with multi-thousand dollar bikes, but I sleep on.

Sabina and I enjoy a lovely girls day out. First shopping for a present for Papa's birthday, then the obligatory cappucino, followed by shopping for afternoon tea delicacies, water guns and a surf mat. It is 30+ deg C again today. And we go back to our accommodation for a dip in the pool. The water guns and surf mat are a hit.

I get the odd update from Pete. "At Falls". "At Bright". Then I get one from the ride organisers - "Peter has just reached Mt Buffalo". We get out of the pool, and into town, where we stand cheering just before the finish line. (Was cheering part of my vows?)

Finally Peter finishes his ride, and we race after him. Sabina ignores all barriers and jumps into the race finish with Papa, proudly holding onto his bike.

No comments: