Sunday, October 18, 2009

Walkie Talkie

Two days after Black Saturday we bought ourselves walkie talkies, a set of two, so that we could listen to local CFA communications. Since then we've found they are great for communicating around the farm, where we don't always have mobile phone reception. Recently, our daughter has been getting really good at using them too. So last week, my husband popped out and got himself a bigger, stronger model. (He'd been eyeing it off for 6 months apparently, and they just took $100 off.)

Today, we're getting ready for visitors. Sabina is inside colouring in some pictures, Pete is checking something out around the shed, and I am starting up the BBQ.

"Ksh. I'm on my way back. Do you need some help with the fire? Over. Ksh", says Pete.
"Oh yeah, that would be good", I respond.
"Ksh. I'm just finishing this picture! Ksh", butts in Sabina.

Pete appears around the corner. Sabina opens the door.

"Ksh. Number 89, number 89, cheeken parmeegiana with chyps and salad. Ksh", comes through on the walkie talkies. I laugh.

No comments: