Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Church

(On Christmas Eve we just managed to pop Sabina in a dress and we went to Church. On Boxing Day (26 Dec) we brought the harvest in, and on the following Monday (29th Dec) we decided to celebrate. We got Sabina all cleaned up, dressed, and we went to the Pub for dinner. The Pub and the Church are a mere 4 houses away from each other. Incidentally, the Church is downhill from the Pub.)

Sabina starts plauging me that she wants to go to Church. "Unusual", I think, but promise her a trip to the Church.

We park a little downhill of the Church and Sabina asks "why are we parking here?". She's always full of "why this? why that?" these days. So I explain, while we walk up to the Church. The service seems to have already started, but a few people are still wandering in. Sabina looks at the building and lets out the biggest shriek I have ever heard "not that Church!!!", as huge tears roll down her face. "Not that Church, Mama!" she screams, "the Eating Church!" I gaze wistfully uphill towards the Pub, and shake my head.

I manage to explain to Sabina that the Eating Church isn't open yet, so how about we go to this Church first. Then afterwards, we can go to the Eating Church. She nods in agreement, we wipe the tears and attend mass. As we're walking out of the Church, she gets so fascinated with making the sign of the cross with holy water, that she forgets all about the Eating Church, and we return home in peace. (Albeit, I am very careful, not to drive past the Pub on the way home).

No comments: