Sunday, June 15, 2008

Buckets ... with water

There was a storm during the week, which blew my horse feed buckets down into Bob's valley. I manage to sell the bucket recovery trip to Sabina as an adventure, and we wander down together. I hold her little hand on the steep slope, and gently try to slow her down every now and then. I can't keep up! We find the first bucket and Sabina "ooohs" at the amount of water in it. We pick it up, as well as some rubbish, and go up to the next bucket. "But mama, why is there water in it?". We pick up more rubbish enroute to the third bucket. "Ooooh! Look water! Why is there water in the bucket?" She never asks "why is there water in the rain gauge", so why this fascination?

When papa comes home I encourage her to tell him about our bucket recovery trip. "Papa ... and there was water in the buckets!!!" is her wide eyed version of the story.

No comments: