Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tank and post

The tank dome support pipe needs to be installed. We draw straws - my husband pulls out the one, which indicates he has to install the pipe. My job is to sit outside (more or less) and listen for noises of panic. The thing is, when someone is in a 45,000l tank all movement sounds like noises of panic. So I think my job is to raise alarm, should the noises stop.

Well, strictly speaking, I am actually sitting in the shed sorting through some horse gear. And the only noise of panic comes from me, when suddenly I hear a very clear voice "I need your help, there's a piece of wood under the tank".

So we slowly lift the beast, propping it up with ever increasing logs. And sure enough, there is a very sorry looking piece of broken pine post - a left over from our tank rolling procedure. So having removed the post, the dome support pipe is installed with ease. And now the tank is waiting for gutter and connection installation, while the deluge continues.

No comments: