Sunday, July 8, 2007

Recovery day

The girls' weekend continues. Not everyone eats eggs and mushrooms for breakfast. The rain keeps coming in cold misty showers. We get smoked out of the shed as we light the 44 gallon drum fire place. We decide to saddle up, while simultaneously coming up with a 1001 reasons not to ride. As we're about to put foot to stirrup, I get a phone call summoning me home. We ride out. The rain subsides, and we trot on. A few smiles come out, so does the sun. We canter, we gallop, we canter. More smiles. More sun. We're on top of the hill now ... at Dead Cow. The views are ours. As we ride through the front gate, then clouds glower, and it rains again.

We put the horses away, and give them some carrots. I get another phone call - it's okay now, I should take my time.

No comments: